An interesting problem with 3.8.18

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Fri Jan 17 20:37:45 CET 2003

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, Rich Shepard wrote:

>   I've never used those moving displays, the so-called 'screen savers'.
> I always blank the screen. _That_ keeps 'em from burning in. Besides, a
> black screen is prettier than the other options -- IMO, of course.

	FWLIW, modern monitors (like, since the early 90's) aren't as
vulnerable to screen burn as the older ones are.  Also, modern apps aren't
like the old "green screen" ones where you have visible stuff in the exact
same place on the monitor.  Screen savers are now nothing more than eye
candy.

--
"Khaaaaamaaayyyy, Haaaaamaaaayyyy, HAAAAAAAAA!!!!!"
		-- Goku, Dragon Ball