XFce4: alpha, beta or production? [Was: Re: xfce4 on Suse 81]

Biju Chacko botsie at myrealbox.com
Sat Jan 11 05:40:08 CET 2003

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003 17:51:18 +0100 (CET), Olivier Fourdan wrote:

> Missing the devel packages to compile the source has *NOTHING* to do
> with the quality of xfce4 that I personally do *NOT* consider as
> alpha.
>
> I've seen x.0 software that ran a lot worse than current xfce4

I think I've said this before: while the individual parts of XFce4 are
production quality, the environment as a whole isn't. Ease of install is
just one element that needs to be fixed to make XFce4 production
quality.

I think it's about time we started thinking about a v4 release roadmap.
I'll post something on this on the xfce4-dev list a little later.

-- b