XFCE and Tkinter?

Paul paul at nlpagan.net
Mon Feb 17 21:59:10 CET 2003

Hello everyone,

Can someone help me with a Tkinter question? I am writing a python program
which uses the graphical Tkinter functions for windows, dialogs etc.

It all works really nice, but when I select items/text in a window/entry
box/listbox etc, the colors are black on black, no matter what I define in
the color-settings.

Is this something that has to do with XFCE, or is something else wrong?
I have tried all different theme engines, played around with the window
border styles and color settings, but nothing helps.
As a test I ran the same program in IceWM on this same computer and there
things look the way I want them to be. The selected text then is grey over
black.

I would be grateful for a pointer in the right direction!
Paul

--
Why is it that we rejoice at a birth and grieve at a funeral?
It is because we are not the person involved.

http://nlpagan.net - Linux by Mandrake - Sylpheed by Hiro