New features in xfce4

Collins Richey erichey2 at attbi.com
Fri Feb 7 05:25:54 CET 2003

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003 23:14:17 -0500 (EST)
Chuck Mead <csm at MoonGroup.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, Collins Richey posted the following:
>
> CR>Are there going to be announcements when significant progress is
> CR>made in xfce4?  I'm not really a cvs junkie, so it would be nice to
> CR>know when it's worth my while to upgrade xfce4 again.
>
> Just get a hold of the update script that's mentioned in the archives
> and you don;t have to know anything about cvs!

Thanks, Chuck, but that's not what I meant.  I'm not interested in
rebuilding xfce4 just to find out that (1) very little has changed or
(2) the damn thing won't run.  That's what I meant by a "cvs junkie."

The instructions you mentioned are excellent, and that's how I wound up
using xfce4 (which is rock solid for me).

It would just be nice to know when a significant enhancement/improvement
has appeared.  I can always fall back to xfce3, but I don't have the
temperament for raw alpha testing.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
Athlon-XP gentoo 1.4_rc2++ system xfce4-cvs