About the Mail Check thing and evolution

Ted Sola ted at disturbedconfusion.com
Mon Dec 29 23:50:45 CET 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-29 at 23:43, john-thomas richards wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 29, 2003 at 10:36:14PM +0100, Ted Sola wrote:
> > I haven't managed to figure out if evolution uses the "mbox" inbox
> > format, whatever that is. And even if it doesnt, have anyone managed to
> > get the Mail Check thing to work with evolution?
>
> evolution can be configured to use the mbox(0) format.  it buries the
> actual mbox file, however.  the mbox is usually found in
> /home/you/evolution/local/Inbox/mbox.  i am not sure what the 'Mail
> Check thing' is.

(The Mail Check thing is;
http://members.home.nl/xfce4/documentation/xfce4-panel.html#mailcheck-item
)

The mbox was found in /home/ted/evolution/local/Inbox/ yes. But there
are constantly mails in that, even though I have moved all the mails to
diffrent folders, and there are no new mails. So Check Mail thinks there
are new mails constantly, in other words, not good for notifying when
there are new :)

> > love ted

command :)

> is that a command or a suggestion?  ;-)
>
> (0) mbox is short for 'mailbox'.  see here for more information (or use
> the fine google):  http://email.about.com/cs/standards/a/mbox_format.htm

So to sum it up, im still pretty stuck. If anyone who's got it working
with evolution, or just the same kind of mbox file (which holds all the
mails) please tell me what im doing wrong :)