About the Mail Check thing and evolution

john-thomas richards theolojin at comcast.net
Mon Dec 29 23:43:28 CET 2003

On Mon, Dec 29, 2003 at 10:36:14PM +0100, Ted Sola wrote:
> I haven't managed to figure out if evolution uses the "mbox" inbox
> format, whatever that is. And even if it doesnt, have anyone managed to
> get the Mail Check thing to work with evolution?

evolution can be configured to use the mbox(0) format.  it buries the
actual mbox file, however.  the mbox is usually found in
/home/you/evolution/local/Inbox/mbox.  i am not sure what the 'Mail
Check thing' is.

> love ted

is that a command or a suggestion?  ;-)

(0) mbox is short for 'mailbox'.  see here for more information (or use
the fine google):  http://email.about.com/cs/standards/a/mbox_format.htm
--
john-thomas
------