xdg_menu and Desktop Menu (SuSE 9.0)

Erick invitebmx at cox-internet.com
Mon Dec 29 05:58:53 CET 2003

On Sun, 2003-12-28 at 20:31, Erick wrote:
> Has anyone tried build their desktop menu using SuSE 9.0's xdg_menu
> script?  I have tried menu maker and it is not finding all of the apps I
> would like to have in the menu.  My previous desktop menu I built from
> the blackbox menu.rc file (in SuSE 8.2) and is now obsolete (and can not
> be rebuilt that way since the menu items are now auto-populated by
> xdg_menu and not stored in menu.rc).

I was looking at the xdg_menu code...

In xdg_menu:

print " \"$name\" EXEC $exec\n"; generates wimaker menus
print "+		 \"$name\" Exec $exec\n"; generates fvwm2 menus
print "    [exec] ($name) {$exec}\n"; generates blackbox menus

so perhaps, could:

print "    name="$name" cmd="$exec"\n"; be right for XFce4?

Which would require "xdg_menu --format XFce4" to some how be added to
menu.xml?

Any thoughts or ideas?

--
Erick <invitebmx at cox-internet.com>