smb troubles

Spyros Tsiolis spytsi at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 14 18:49:29 CET 2003

Hello list,

well, i've tried to compile 4.01. Never mind. Looks like a lot of work and
these
days I don't have the time. So I went back to 3.8.18 on a Mandrake 9.2 box.

Now this is something that does not belond here, so apologies if I am
irritating
someone (Olivier, please bare with me :-).

Here goes,

on the SMB explorer app on xfce I am no longer able to check a win2k shared
box
I have on the lan. I have all my work there and all my music which I listen
through
the network

What I used to do was this :

from the command prompt :

mount -t smbfs -o username=administrator //prometheus(the win2kbox)/music
/mnt/music
<enter>

and it used to work. Now it says "too many mounted filesystems" and stuff
like that.

OK, I've put in all the smb-related .rpm's and compiled smbfs as part of the
kernel (I tried
it as a module, didn't work, so I tried it as part of the kernel in case I
did something wrong).

Nada,

Any ideas ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

s.

-----
"I merely function as a channel that filters music through
the chaos of noise"
- Vangelis