Problems with installing

Remco Lubbers rpl at concepts.nl
Thu Dec 11 09:02:21 CET 2003

Op Wed, 10 Dec 2003 21:02:48 -0600 schreef Dennis J. Tuchler aan
scott at exti.net, xfce list <xfce at xfce.org>:

>  > > I tried installing XFCE4.0.1 under SuSE 9.0 and got the following
>  > > strange dependency list.  What has transcode have to do with XFCE
>  > > (would it be safe to install it with a -nodeps parameter)?  How can I
>  > > get rid of transcode?  The list:
>  >
>  > "rpm -e transcode" (will just remove transcode) or "apt-get remove
>  > transcode" (if you use apt; will remove transcode and anything that
>  > depends on it, which seems to only be dvd::rip).
>
>  I did
>  	rpm -e transcode
>  The answer was:
>  	error: package transcode is not installed
>
>  I also tried rpm -e transcode-0.6 and rpm-e transcode-0.6.11. and
>  finally rpm -e transcode-0.6.11-0.  It worked on none of these.  I also
>  looked for transcode using Yast's adding and deleting packages utility.
>  Nothing by that name.

if you're trying to find out wether or not a transcode-rpm is installed just do
$ rpm -qa | grep -i transcode

uninstalling the package will be a lot simpler then, using x-copy/paste with
your mouse :-)

TaDa

Remco

--
Remco P. Lubbers (rpl at concepts.nl)

| Linux kernel 2.4.22 | Mandrake 9.1 | XFce 4.0.1 | Pronto! 2.4.0 |