Problems with installing

Dennis J. Tuchler dennis.tuchler at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 11 04:02:48 CET 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 18:24, Scott Jones wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 December 2003 17:27, Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
>
> > I tried installing XFCE4.0.1 under SuSE 9.0 and got the following
> > strange dependency list.  What has transcode have to do with XFCE
> > (would it be safe to install it with a -nodeps parameter)?  How can I
> > get rid of transcode?  The list:
>
> "rpm -e transcode" (will just remove transcode) or "apt-get remove
> transcode" (if you use apt; will remove transcode and anything that
> depends on it, which seems to only be dvd::rip).

I did
	rpm -e transcode
The answer was:
	error: package transcode is not installed

I also tried rpm -e transcode-0.6 and rpm-e transcode-0.6.11. and
finally rpm -e transcode-0.6.11-0.  It worked on none of these.  I also
looked for transcode using Yast's adding and deleting packages utility.
Nothing by that name.

thanks

dennis tuchler