New Convert

Paul Trevethan elist at pacific.net.au
Sat Dec 6 23:32:44 CET 2003

I have only recently started trying XFce4.01 as my gui on a SuSE v9.0 box
and I just wanted to congratulate all concerned for a wonderful job.

My machine is no 'slouch' but it is not anything new & wonderful either. I
have been amazed at the speed differences over KDE. I can do pretty much
everything I want without massive learning curves and those questions or
problems I have need me to research a bit more before I bother anyone
here.

I did use MenuMaker to get my menus - this (ie menu generation) seems to
be a major issue with alternative window managers to KDE & Gnome?

If I may, I would suggest for anyone who is not totally satisfied with
xffm for file management, try a little program called xfe. Lightning fast
and quite useful. My early computing used Xtree for Dos extensively, so a
file manager that does not utilise a directory tree is like working with
only one arm for me. :-)

Anyway, I'll be back with questions down the track no doubt. Seeing as how
we don't pay for this stuff, I figured the least I can do is say thank
you for your efforts!

Paul.