Gnome top panel is offset down after fresh login using XFWM4

Marc Schwartz mschwartz at mn.rr.com
Fri Dec 5 23:20:16 CET 2003

Ok...a few more curiosities:

1. After setting the Bottom Panel to "Left", where it then stood in the
middle of the display, if I click on "Expand", it then does shift the to
left hand side of the display:

http://www.medanalytics.com/Screenshot-3.png

2. If I then change the panel back to "Bottom", with no "Expand", is it
horizontal in the middle of the screen:

http://www.medanalytics.com/Screenshot-4.png

3. Finally, if I now "Expand", it shifts to the bottom , but "left
justified":

http://www.medanalytics.com/Screenshot-5.png

I cannot get it to return to the bottom and centered, even after a full
re-boot. However, after a clean re-boot, note where the panels are now.
That is the bottom panel on top of the top panel, which is shifted
downward:

http://www.medanalytics.com/Screenshot-6.png

This gets curiouser and curiouser....

Marc