Running -4.0.1 on IBM ThinkPad 600E

Joost Kremers joostkremers at fastmail.fm
Tue Dec 2 03:29:37 CET 2003

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 07:50:58AM +0530, Biju Chacko wrote:
> The lack of dependency checks is my main gripe with slackware.

to me, it's one of the most highly-esteemed advantages of slackware. it's
actually very easy to check dependencies by hand, and that way, i have a
better idea of what is on my machine.

but that's just personal preference, of course.

(the worst dependency i've ever seen was on an X-less FreeBSD 4.x box i
wanted to install mutt on. imagine my surprise when the system started to
install X as an (indirect) dependency...)

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments