Activating goodies (and rc3 on Solaris)

Craig A. Betts craig.betts at dfrc.nasa.gov
Fri Aug 29 16:03:24 CEST 2003

Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> Op vr 29-08-2003, om 02:21 schreef Lionel Laratte:
>
>>Hi All,
>>
>>Well, time for another newbie question.  I downloaded and compiled a
>>few of the panel goodies but I can't figure out how to activate them.
>>I use gdm but I am not finding ~/.xinitrc or ~/.xfce4rc.  I know it
>>was one of them in XFce3.x.x.  Can anyone give a noob a hand?
>>

> Forget everything you learned about xfce 3 ;-)
>
> After you install a panel plugin restart the panel, or run
> 'killall -USR1 xfce4-panel'. After that the new plugin will be available
> on the right-click menu under 'Add item'.
>
> 	Jasper

Looks like a good candidate for a "Refresh Panel" command when right
clicking on the panel, in v4.2 of course! ;-)

BTW-

Everything looks great when compiling rc3 on Solaris.  Special thanks to
all involved for fixing the "LIBS=-lXext" requirement in xfwm.

One of my users did find a bug in xffm.  When he open a workgroup in the
samba network, closes it, and the reopens it, the list is replicated (I
am attaching some screenshots to help clarify, my language skills are
always poor before my fourth cup of coffee).
--
Craig A. Betts
IT Security Design Engineer