VMware Breaks!

Lane P. Lester llester at simpub.com
Sun Aug 24 13:37:47 CEST 2003

Stephen Kuhn <skuhn at telpacific.com.au> wrote:
> It might be a good idea to re-run the vmware configuration utility and
> get it all happy again - I had to do that some time ago after mucking
> around with some of the system libs - /usr/bin/vmware-config.pl

I asked about this problem on the Libranet list. Libranet 2.8.1 is the
Debian distro to which I just upgraded. I got a lot of encouragement and
some suggestions, and the one that worked was to recompile the Linux
kernel without changing any of the defaults. That seems to mean that the
headers and the originally-compiled kernel did not quite match.

Lane
____
Lane P. Lester / Madison County, Georgia
**Running Linux more and Windows less**