problems with xfce4 and wxpython: window without frame andothers

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Aug 21 14:10:49 CEST 2003

Jasper Huijsmans said:
> Op do 21-08-2003, om 13:09 schreef Moritz Lennert:
>> > There are some problems with window management, but only reports for a
>> > recent version (preferably a CVS snapshot from after rc2) can be taken
>> > into account.
>> >

>> Ok, I just built everything from the daily CVS snapshot. Now the
>> wxpython
>> program works perfectly.
>>
>> However, I now get a segmentation fault when I try to launch
>> xfce4-panel... :-(
>>
>> Don't have much time to look into this, but any quick ideas ?
>>

> Hmm, I just checked the site and it appears that the cvs snapshot is
> from july 14, which is before rc2. I'm very sorry about that.
>
> You can often get an indication of the error by running xfce4-panel from
> a terminal.

in the terminal I just get :

** Message: xfce4-panel: module clock successfully loaded
** Message: xfce4-panel: module mailcheck successfully loaded
** Message: xfce4-panel: module switcher successfully loaded
** Message: xfce4-panel: module systembuttons successfully loaded
** Message: xfce4-panel: module pager successfully loaded
** Message: xfce4-panel: module separator successfully loaded
** Message: xfce4-panel: module mixer successfully loaded
** Message: xfce4-panel: module systray successfully loaded
Segmentation fault

> PS
> Tonight I will try to get an updated cvs snapshot available.

Ok, I'll try rebuilding everything next week.

Thanks for the help !

Moritz