.bash_profile in xfce4

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Wed Aug 13 01:05:07 CEST 2003

Confusion comes from the fact that people just don't realize that
xfterm4 is *just* a *script* that calls $TERMCMD

bash profiles are loaded by login shells, so you must tell the X
terminal you are using to run a login shell.

The proper way to achieve this depends on the terminal that is actually
run (xterm, konsole, Eterm, gnome-terminal, etc.)

Cheers,
Olivier.