Systemtray (aka Gaim problem)

zyglotron1972 zyglotron at nerim.net
Tue Aug 12 14:31:37 CEST 2003

> Subject: Re: Systemtray
> Date: Tuesday 12 August 2003 05:11
> From: Paul Ladouceur <tipaul at look.ca>
> To: "XFce is a lightweight desktop environment for various UNIX systems."
> <xfce at xfce.org>
>
> Anibal Ojeda wrote:
> >Hi over there,
> >
> >Have a question regarding the systemtray, i downloaded & instaklled and
> >actually i can selected to be on my panel but when i start aplication that
> >have the funtionality to be on this tray they don't show up (like gaim,
> > amsn etc) do i have to configure this somewhere else ? do i'm missing
> > something here ? is there more info or documents about this i don't know?
> >
> >thank for the help

Hi Anibal,

You have forgotten to activate the Notification Icon plugin in your
gaim.

1) In Gaim : Go to Tools/preferences/plugins/
2) Look at the list
3) Select Notification Icon (Icône de notification in french). It seems
to be the last choice in the list on my Debian SID. Look at the
description, you'll find things about kde and Gnome there.

Was the same problem here before I've done this.

Best regards.

Chris