Modem Applet

Paul Ladouceur tipaul at look.ca
Mon Aug 11 19:00:11 CEST 2003

Hi Dan,

> Hi Paul,
> 	Wow. That's a lot to digest first thing in the morning. Thanks for the
> icons, much better than what I had. Adding a tooltip to show the rate is
> easy enough, and perhaps a check-box to toggle between on-panel and
> tooltip. But I suppose I'll have to bite the bullet and change fonts
> when the panel size changes as well.

On a tiny pannel, I don't see how the text could fit under the icon...
It'll be unreadable if it goes under 5ppi...!

> 	I can't imagine why the installer wouldn't put the icons where you told
> it to. There's nothing there under /usr/share/xfce4/themes/Curve? What
> does make say about the icons? It should be something like...

> Do you get something like that?

I'll check this tonight at home.

> 	Finally, I don't have a clue about what could make the plugin require
> the properties box before it would work. I'll have to fuss with it and
> see if I can replicate the bug. Thanks for the information,

I'll continue checking that also tonight...

For the icons, why aren't they just copied directly to xfce default theme
and use them directly from this directory?  Can we bypass the theming for
an applet?

Also, I hadn't check for localisation.. Is it there? Could we make
something that would change the "Off-Line" to "Hors-Ligne" for
french?...etc?

Thanks A LOT!
Ti-Paul.