Using Tk with xfce4

Andre Lerche a.lerche at gmx.net
Tue Aug 5 23:34:53 CEST 2003

Hi Olivier,

sorry but not for me.

I tried it with the current cvs-tarball and also with a fresh
xfwm4-checkout a few minutes ago, but with the same result.

Here is a shot:

http://home.arcor.de/andre.lerche/tcl.png

Andre

On Tue, 05.08.2003 at 11:11 PM, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> Fixed in CVS a few times ago.
>
> Cheers,
> Olivier.
>
> On Tue, 2003-08-05 at 22:12, Andre Lerche wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > hmm, you are right. I've a similar problem. If anybody wants to reproduce it,
> > download ased
> >
> > http://www.mms-forum.de/ased/download.htm
> >
> > and click on Options -> Choose Language => open the dropdown
> >
> > Andre
> >
> > On Tue, 05.08.2003 at 08:50 PM, Les Bothwell wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I see a strange problem using Tk with XFCE.  When a Tk program runs, there's a problem with dropdown menu location - sometimes.  What happens is shown in the attached screenshot of the Tk demo program - the 'File' menu is showing on the main screen window rather than on the Demo window.
> > >
> > > Interestingly, if I move the Demo window, everything is Ok after that. Any ideas as to what this might be?  This doesn't happen with any of the other window managers I use (IceWM 1.2.10-pre9 and KDE3).
> > >
> > > My config - SuSE 8.2, XFCE4 RC2, Tk8.4
> > > (xfce is a remarkable piece of work)
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Les

> --
> Olivier Fourdan - fourdan at xfce.org
>
>    Interoperability is the keyword, uniformity is a dead end.
>    http://www.xfce.org

Created on Boomtime, the 71st day of Confusion in the YOLD 3169
Linux 2.4.21 i686
Please don't send attachments in secret proprietary formats like
MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Powerpoint, etc. - send HTML, PDF or plain text