Speaking of applets (and compiling problems)

gardnerj at provide.net gardnerj at provide.net
Tue Aug 5 18:09:19 CEST 2003

I may not be right, as it's been a while since I've really
been able to work/play with any of this, but it could be
telling you that you need at least rc2 which has been out
for a little while.

Good luck.
Jonathan

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 12:06:26 -0400
 hugh d fegely <wolffe at cavtel.net> wrote:
> Dunno if I missed a response, but here's my
> question/problem again:
>
> I managed to get to the goodies page this morning,
> figured I'd check out and see what panel plugins there
> were..
>
> And so I downloaded the tarball for the system load plug
> in and started the usual proceedure..
>
> can't seem to get past the ./configure stage though:
>
> checking for xfce4-panel-1.0 >= 3.99.2... Package
> xfce4-panel-1.0 was not found in the pkg-config search
> path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing
> `xfce4-panel-1.0.pc'
> No package 'xfce4-panel-1.0' found
>
> XFce4-RC1 installed from the rpms offered by Todd Slater
> for Mandrake 9.1 (xfce4 modules are all installed to
> /usr/local/bin)
>
> It's been a long time since I did this, and I didn't see
> any notes on how to do the installation other than the
> usual canned INSTALL file..
>
> ..any help that can be thrown this way is appreciated :)
>
> --
>   hugh d fegely   -- --- --   wolffe at cavtel.net
>  <-->  ..to look into the eyes of a wolf..  <-->
> <->..is to look into the depths of your soul..<->

The greatest thing you'll ever learn,
is just to love and be loved in return.