Backdrops

Robert Kruus crowbar at netcom.ca
Tue Aug 5 16:53:46 CEST 2003

It is rumored that edscott wilson garcia <edscott at imp.mx> wrote:

> On lun, 2003-08-04 at 17:27, Robert Kruus wrote:
> > I use the background manager with a list of image files on a two monitor
> > setup(xinerama enabled).  For some reason the tiled/auto/centered does not
> > seem to have any effect for most of the files.
> > The files are images sized to fit exactly the resolution of the display
> > (1400*1050), but they end up stretched across both screens.  The few smaller
> > images (1/4  or 1/6 desktop size) work fine (tiled).  If I choose a single
> > image and "tiled" it also works correctly.
> > Any ideas?
>
> That behaviour does not happen on my configuration where images are
> larger than the resolution of one of the displays. Try playing with the
> image size to pinpoint the source of the problem.
>
> regards,
>
> Edscott

It still insists on stretching the images across the screens, unless the I size
them small enough to tile on one screen (1/2 width).  Making them larger has no
effect.  Again it only seem to be an issue with a list of desktop images, not
single images -- the style acts similar to auto for a single image (no matter
which style you select).
Not really a big deal though.

Robert Kruus --- robert.kruus at utoronto.ca
Pablo Picasso (1881-1973)