transparency - the real thing

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Tue Aug 5 06:38:45 CEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-08-05 at 00:25, Net Llama! wrote:

> That means that every window can be transparent to whatever is behind it.
> Not just the (now) cheap hacks that we see with linux terms, where you get
> the background image, and nothing else.
>
> Or maybe someone can prove me wrong.  Is there linux functionality that
> will give me true transparency?

	I remember reading somewhere that this kind of true transparency is
being developed.  It's either an extension to XFree or some specific WM
thing.  I bet you could find it on /. (if you want to go through the
pain of searching).

--
Paradise; can it be all I heard it was?
I close my eyes and maybe I'm already there.