xffm - Dragging files problem...

Lane P. Lester llester at simpub.com
Mon Aug 4 15:47:24 CEST 2003

Joe Klemmer <klemmerj at webtrek.com> wrote:
> > When I moved from IceWM to XFce, I checked out xffm. But since I
> > prefer a two-pane file manager, I rejected it after not seeing any
> > way to get two panes other than with two instances of the program.
> > Your post raised my hopes, however, and I tried it. But [Tab]
> > doesn't do anything. What am I missing?
>
> 	Are you running RC2?  That has this feature in it.

Ah! No, I'm not. I have so little success with compiling stuff (the
usual missing libraries and other dependencies) that I've been waiting
for a .deb of the next release.

But I'm always will to give it a shot... particularly since I discovered
the powerful update-xfce script. It worked for a long time before dying
with these errors:

checking for libxml-2.0 >= 2.4.0... Package libxml-2.0 was not
found in the pkg-config search path. Perhaps you should add the
directory containing `libxml-2.0.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment
variable No package 'libxml-2.0' found

configure: error: Library requirements (libxml-2.0 >= 2.4.0) not met;
consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your
libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.

Error: Compilation of "xfce4" failed.

Locate shows the following files on my system. Can you tell me how to
get past the compilation roadblock?

/usr/lib/libxml.so.0
/usr/lib/libxml.so.1
/usr/lib/libxml.so.1.8.17
/usr/lib/libxml2.so.2
/usr/lib/libxml2.so.2.5.7
/usr/lib/libxmlparse.so.0
/usr/lib/libxmlparse.so.0.1.0
/usr/lib/libxmlparse.so.1
/usr/lib/libxmlparse.so.1.1
/usr/lib/libxmltok.so.0
/usr/lib/libxmltok.so.0.1.0
/usr/lib/libxmltok.so.1
/usr/lib/libxmltok.so.1.1

Lane
____
Lane P. Lester / Madison County, Georgia
**Running Linux more and Windows less**