French Translation?

Paul Ladouceur tipaul at look.ca
Fri Aug 1 03:54:44 CEST 2003

Back Again!... HI!

Moritz Heiber wrote:

>>And How & Where do I set this LC_ALL string? Can I do it in the
>>.xinitrc from the XFCE4 directory???
>>

>Set it in your .bashrc / .bash_profile.

OK... I've added "export LC_ALL=fr_FR"  in my .bashrc (and also created
a .bash_profile and added the same line...to be sure).
That didn't work!
Seem's like setting strings like LC_ALL and BROWSER didn't work at
all... (Didn't try BROWSER but from what i've read of the other posts...)

After XFCE4 has started, i've checked  "env"  in  my terminal and  it
returns  LC_ALL=fr_FR... So the environment is set allright...

Do the french language is included in the RCx releases??? (I have RC1
right now and i'll be installing the RC2 today or tomorrow..)

Thanks for the help...
I think i'm not alone in this "environment" thing... I know, it's easy
to set, but when we obtain no good results, it's a little bit
frustating... Sorry!

Regards,
Ti-Paul.