icons for xfce4 is missing

Ken Moffat kmoffat at drizzle.com
Mon Apr 21 18:19:26 CEST 2003

Jasper Huijsmans wrote:

>There used to be a problem with the debian packages that the panel icons
>were not installed. I thought this was fixed. I don't know, but perhaps
>they are in a separate package. The panel will not run if it can't find
>any icons.
>
>	Jasper

I just installed xfce on debian using the synaptic package manager, a
front end for apt-get. First I tried apt-get install xfce4, which
appeared to work, but was not functional, so I fired up synaptic and it
shows several xfce4 packages. I installed them all, and now xfce4 works,
at least when launched from the Libranet Icewm menu using the command
    restart Xfce4 - startxfce4
which I added to the ' menu "Window Managers" folder {' area. (sorry,
I'm an icewm user)

Will try it now from the gdm startup screen.