Request for Feature Requests [Was Re: [PLUG] Red Hat version 8.0 due out Monday (9/30) (fwd)]

Biju Chacko botsie at myrealbox.com
Mon Sep 30 06:13:49 CEST 2002

** moving to xfce-dev list **

On 28 Sep 2002 14:13:44 +0200, Olivier Fourdan wrote:

> > Some things that I can think of, not bugs and most of them probably
> > more suitable for the xfce4-dev list:
> > - Get rid of the gtk1 part (it's not very useful, since xfce3 has
> > its
> >   own root menu).
>
> Yes, definitely. I would also add that it must conform to gtk-2
> strictly, ie it must be able to compile with the following flags :
>
> -DG_DISABLE_DEPRECATED -DGTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED
> -DGDK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED-DGDK_PIXBUF_DISABLE_DEPRECATED
>
> > - perhaps using freedesktop hints instead of gnome hints.
>
> Yes, mandatory.

As I said, I am waiting for our wmhints library to come up. It's very
likely that I'll do a major restructuring at that point because IMO the
menu generation is pretty inefficient and I strongly suspect that it is
leaking memory all over the place.

At that point hopefully I'll be able to get rid of the gtk1 stuff and
get it to conform to gtk2 strict behavior.

-- b