[PLUG] Red Hat version 8.0 due out Monday (9/30) (fwd)

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Sep 27 23:38:14 CEST 2002

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002 gardnerj at provide.net wrote:

> If you get your xf* from CVS it's in the xfce-devel/ as xfdeskmenu (I
>  think) so follow the CVS instructions and get that module. I also like
>  xfdeskmenu as it allows you to change your xfwm4 theme on the fly, even
>  if it takes a little while sometimes, when loading a theme for the first
>  time.

Jonathan,

  Thanks very much. Putting the NoIcon command in ~/.xfce/xfwmrc does it for
me. Transparent aterms, a solid, dark teal backdrop color and only the
asclock in the upper, right corner. Ah!

  BTW, I tried fancy backdrops, such as the Tux one, but with transparent
windows trying to read text against the variable background is no fun.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com