[PLUG] Red Hat version 8.0 due out Monday (9/30) (fwd)

Patrick Wiseman pwiseman at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 27 23:00:47 CEST 2002

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002 at 4:43pm, gardnerj at provide.net wrote:

:Well, I haven't tried this with the panel, but I discovered
: much to my delight that xfdeskmenu will show a list of
: "windows" open in each desktop *even if they are
: minimized*! Which for me anyway means I can make things
: totally disappear (which is what they do in xfwm4 for me
: right now) and still get them back with xfdeskmenu.

I do much the same with XFce3.  A right-click anywhere on the desktop
shows a list of open applications, and with

Style "*"                       NoIcon

in ~/.xfce/xfwmrc, iconizing an app (_including_ the panel) makes it
disappear completely.

Patrick

Patrick Wiseman                               pwiseman at mindspring.com
Linux user #17943                             *Google First, Ask Later*