root window completely messed up

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Sep 13 01:51:16 CEST 2002

  This is rather strange. One of the workstations worked just fine in X
yesterday but it won't today. I re-ran Xconfigurator on it, and the sample
screen (Gnome?) showed up just fine. But, when we startx to xfce, the aterms
and control panel show up, but the root window is totally screwy: black and
white narrow stripes in several columns. Resetting the background has no
affet on this.

  The other workstation continues working just fine.

  I'm at a loss what to do and I'd appreciate suggestions and ideas.

Thanks,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)