Strange behavior with upgrade to RH 7.3

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Sep 6 15:31:00 CEST 2002

On 6 Sep 2002, Joe Klemmer wrote:

> 	From other messages on this that you posted I'm not clear as to how you
> did the upgrade.  Did you upgrade in place or reformat the system
> partitions and install?  The latter is the old Slackware way to
> upgrade.  My "production" server has been upgraded in place since RH 2.1
> and I haven't had any real issues with it.

  We tried to do a custom upgrade. That left dead bodies and debris all over
the place. So, we did a custom install instead. Then I began restoring from
the full backup tape I made before we started and we spent all day yesterday
getting things to work again. I'm still at it. With a bit of luck, by Monday
everything I need will again be working on all machines.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com