xfsamba doesn't like me

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Mon Sep 2 19:05:32 CEST 2002

On Mon, 2002-09-02 at 11:35, edscott wilson garcia wrote:

> I think the module support for smbfs.o must be enabled in the kernel so
> that the kernel will automatically load the module when necessary.

	It's the stock 2.4.18-10 kernel from the RH updates.  I'll see about
rebuilding it to make sure.

> > However, xfsamba still gives me the bird.  Is there anything else I can
> > check to try and see why this is giving me fits?
>
> All xfsamba does is fork to exec smbmount. So if that command line
> works, xfsamba should also. Of course, xfsamba also creates mount points
> in /tmp and removes them on closing the xftree window, so you need write
> access to these points.

	I know, that's the puzzling part.  The smb[u]mount files are suid root
and /tmp/xfsamba is -

drwxrwxr-t    4 klemmerj klemmerj     4096 Sep  2 10:41 xfsamba

I just re-re-rebuilt XFce 3.8.18 from CVS today, if that helps.  Where
else could I look to see what might be causing this?

--
Attention all planets of the Solar Federation.
We have assumed control.