xfsamba doesn't like me

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Mon Sep 2 17:35:52 CEST 2002

On Mon, 2002-09-02 at 09:40, Joe Klemmer wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-08-29 at 17:28, edscott wilson garcia wrote:
>
> > > 	It's there.  For me it's -
> > >
> > > /lib/modules/2.4.18-10/kernel/fs/smbfs/smbfs.o
>
> 	Ok, I found that this module wasn't loaded so I insmod'd it and
> mounting smb shares from the command line works (side bar: what actually
> do I need to put in /etc/modules.conf to load in at boot time?).

I think the module support for smbfs.o must be enabled in the kernel so
that the kernel will automatically load the module when necessary.

> However, xfsamba still gives me the bird.  Is there anything else I can
> check to try and see why this is giving me fits?

All xfsamba does is fork to exec smbmount. So if that command line
works, xfsamba should also. Of course, xfsamba also creates mount points
in /tmp and removes them on closing the xftree window, so you need write
access to these points.

Edscott