Theme Engines

Paul paul at nlpagan.net
Wed Oct 30 06:48:13 CET 2002

-0500:

>1) What are "theme engines", the obvious tautological answer
>   notwithstanding?

As far as I know, theme engines determine the way that standard things
(windows, buttons etc) look on your screen. Borders, colors, pretty stuff on
title bars, 3D-effects, all the things that show are determined by theme
engines.

>2) What do they do?

See 1.

>3) Why would I choose one over the other?

Because some are prettier than others? This of course depends entirely on
your personal taste.

>4) What are the relative merits and demerits of the theme
>   engines available?

Eye candy and esthetics..

Paul

--
As I grow to understand life less and less,
I learn to live it more and more.

http://nlpagan.net    -    Linux Mandrake 8.2     -   Sylpheed 0.8.3
Help Microsoft combat software piracy: give Linux to a friend today!