xfce4

Net Llama! netllama at linux-sxs.org
Mon Oct 14 21:57:04 CEST 2002

On Mon, 14 Oct 2002 gardnerj at provide.net wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Oct 2002 14:52:00 -0400 (EDT)
>  Net Llama! <netllama at linux-sxs.org> wrote:
> > I just built the latest xfce4 from CVS, and it looks
> > nice.  I'm wondering
> > though, should the mouse menu's (the ones that work under
> > XFCE3 when you
> > click the different mouse buttons) work?  I don't get
> > anything.
>
> There's another module called xfdeskmenu you can grab from
> CVS and it must be told to start (ie at the same time you
> start xfwm4 and xfce4). It's nice. One of it's nice
> features is the ability to easily change xfwm window themes
> (of which there are many) on the fly. The default is to
> call it with the middle mouse button but that can be
> changed I think in ~/.xfdeskmenu

OK, i built that.  For some reason i thought that xfdeskmenu was the
menubar thingy.  Anyway, i started it, and when i middle click on the
desktop, i see a slew of these errors:

(xfdeskmenu:22647): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid cast from (NULL)
pointer to `GtkObject' (xfdeskmenu:22647): Gtk-CRITICAL **: file
gtksignal.c: line 140 (gtk_signal_connect_full): assertion `GTK_IS_OBJECT
( object)' failed (xfdeskmenu:22647): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid
cast from (NULL)  pointer to `GtkWidget' (xfdeskmenu:22647):
GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid cast from (NULL)  pointer to `GtkMenu'
(xfdeskmenu:22647): Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkmenu.c: line 643
(gtk_menu_popup): assertion `GTK_IS_MENU (menu)' failed

and then nothing happens.  This is from the CVS checkout i did this
morning.