That cursed mouse cursor

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Thu Oct 10 16:20:32 CEST 2002

Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> writes:

> On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, Harry Putnam wrote:
>
>> Ick, what a dope.   But still, even with the correct path, I no
>> longer get an error but see no change whatever in the cursor.
>>
>> >From cl:
>>   $ xset +fp "/usr/local/share/xfce/cursors"
>>   <no output>
>>   <cursor doesn't change either>
>
>   Did you shut down X, then startx again? The xinitrc file won't be read
> until you do.

The 'From cl' in abvove statement was supposed to mean it was done
from the command line, so shouldn't have been any need for restarting.

However I have since placed the correct path as above in a file at:
~/.xinitrc (this one starts xfce too)

and at ~/.xfce/xinitrc as another poster suggested.

No errors are produced when starting X or at the command line with
the above command.  However I see no change whatever in the cursor.