Componentization of Xfce3 (was: Re: Critical need for next release)

Jonathan Gardner gardnerj at provide.net
Wed Oct 2 19:53:49 CEST 2002

On Wednesday, the 02nd day of October, in the year of our Lord 2002, at
01:14 PM the esteemed person of letters, Joe Klemmer quoth:

JK>I think that this is a good direction to go but not necessarily
JK>with 3.8.18.  IMHO, 3.8.18 should be released in the form it is in now
JK>and then the work to split out the components could be done for 3.9.0.
JK>
JK>Thoughts?

That sounds a very proper way to go about it. Fragmenting the
'Xfc-experience' sounds like a good enough reason to bump the number to 9.
I'm with Joe, even if only to get done with 3 to focus on 4 put 3.8.18 out
and be done with it. But if you are going to fragment it, that should get
a new minor number.

Jonathan