3.8.18

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Wed Oct 2 15:25:19 CEST 2002

On Wed, 2002-10-02 at 08:56, R. R. wrote:

> let me ask some silly q?

	No question is silly.

> this is the release that has taken longer to come out...
>
> any main reason...
> does it have any major changes from 3.8.16 which is working fine for me
> :-)

	The biggest reason is that work on XFce4 had started toward the end of
the 3.8.18 cycle, in the final bug squishing phase.  All the development
work shifted to it (that's where the fun was and we all know hackers
love fun) so 3.8.18 just kind of stalled.  Work on it continued but at a
much slower rate.  It looks like all the bugs have been squashed so all
that seem to be needed is an official "XFce 3.8.18 is out" announcement.

> why are users saying critical need for release?

	See my earlier post.

--
Paradice; can it be all I heard it was?
I close my eyes and maybe I'm already there.