newbie and xterm cut and paste

Net Llama! netllama at linux-sxs.org
Fri Nov 29 19:52:55 CET 2002

On 11/29/02 00:28, joe mc cool wrote:
> Net Llama! wrote:
>
>> Hardly.  It works just fine for me.  This is a native X behavior.  If
>> you've got a 3 button mouse, then you need to click the middle button
>> for the paste to occur.
>

> Hmmmmm, I am using a MicroShaft mouse with a wheel-thingy in the middle.
> But I have tried other two button mice and the behaviour is the same.

Well for 2 button mice you need to add this option to XF86Config:
Option "Emulate3Buttons"

this will allow you to press both buttons simultaneously to emulate a
middle button.  As for the wheel mouse, you can use its wheel as a
middle button, but you need to add an option to XF86Config as well.  I
don't remember it off the top of my head, so do some Googling for it.

> Note that I am using a notebook with the mouse plugged in the serial
> port.  If I try the same behaviour on a conventional pc, with a wheel
> mouse, everything is fine.
>
> [Thanks Lonnie, you may remember me from alt.os.linux.caldera.]

Yea, i thought your name was familiar.  We Linux folks bump into
eachother all over cyberspace.

L. Friedman                       	       netllama at linux-sxs.org
Linux Step-by-step & TyGeMo: 		    http://netllama.ipfox.com

  10:50am  up 21:20,  1 user,  load average: 0.16, 0.08, 0.02