restarting galeon window offscreen

Jack Coates jack at monkeynoodle.org
Sun Nov 17 04:54:57 CET 2002

On Sat, 2002-11-16 at 11:05, Collins wrote:
<snip>
> I'm not really convinced that xfwm is the problem; it's more likely to
> be something in galeon.
>
> I'll probably revert to Skipstone again at some point.
>
> Mozilla is not usable (IMO) because it requires a separate profile for
> each instance (you get a prompt to create a new profile any time you
> start a new instance, which is a bummer).

whuh? Never seen that on Windows or Linux -- can you describe what you
mean?

> Galeon has the aformentioned problem and it has the #@!% blemish of
> prompting you each time you restart instead of just quietly
> restarting.

I actually like this -- if I was doing something important with several
different tabs, I can recover it, but if I killed Galeon on purpose and
just want Google now, I can easily get there.

> All three have excellent tab functions, but Skipstone has the plus
> feature of automatically opening a new tab in the running instance
> when you double click on a uri (in email, for example).

My Galeon set up does this -- there's a couple of ways to skin the cat,
either a command line switch in the MUA or as a Galeon setting that
opens all new stuff in tabs instead of windows (that's a little annoying
with javascript popups of little pictures and forms, though).

> --
> Collins Richey - Denver Area
> Redhat 7.3 system
Jack Coates