upgrade

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Thu Nov 14 00:59:44 CET 2002

On Wed, 2002-11-13 at 16:08, Tony wrote:

> I've had nothing but problems. Errors saying lib<what-ever> not
> installed, when it is, etc,etc. I've had much better luck with tarballs...

	That usually means you have something installed but not using the rpm
database.  If you want to use rpms them you have to always use rpms.  I
use the utility checkinstall to make rpms out of tarballs and it's been
the greatest thing since sliced bread.  I can install anything I want
and not have to worry about dependencies.  Another option is to use apt
and that way all dependencies will automatically be satisfied.

--
"Khaaaaamaaayyyy, Haaaaamaaaayyyy, HAAAAAAAAA!!!!!"
                -- Goku, Dragon Ball