always on top and the main panel

Nick Merrett nmerrett at optushome.com.au
Thu May 30 03:23:19 CEST 2002

Hi all,
I have just started using XFce and so far so good :-)

However i have been trying to make the Main Panel and gkrellm "always on
top" but having absolulty no luck.

i have editing the xfwmrc file, in both /etx/X11/xfce and ~/.xfce/ to no
avail. I also tried using "Layer 12" instead of "StayOnTop" but it gives
me the same resluts.

I have read documentation, searched google, even read previous posts on
this mailing list. Here is a copy of the of what i think the releavent
section of the file /etc/X11/xfce/xfwmrc

# Style used for some known applications :
Style "*"                       BorderWidth 2
Style "xfce"                    StayOnTop
Style "Alert"                   Sticky, StayOnTop
Style "Question"                Sticky, StayOnTop
Style "Message"                 Sticky, StayOnTop
Style "xfbd"                    Sticky
Style "xfpager"                 Sticky
# Style "*lock"                 Sticky
Style "gmc-desktop-icon"        WindowListSkip, CirculateSkip,
CirculateSkipIcon
Style "gkrellm"                 CirculateSkip, CirculateSkipIcon,
Sticky, StayOnTop
Style "xeyes"                   NoTitle

thanks in advance

Nick