keystrokes to change desktops

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed May 29 21:27:00 CEST 2002

On Wed, 29 May 2002, Patrick Wiseman wrote:

> If you detach the taskbar and minimize the panel, you'll almost have
> Windows (with multiple desktops :)

  AAAARRRRGGG-G-G-G-HHH-H-H-H! NO!!

  What I'd like to try is nothing but the application window and the asclock
on each desktop. When I need to open a new application I'll click on the
root window and select it from a menu. That's no different from clicking on
a panel button and either selecting the app directly or from a popup menu.

  A friend of mine has been using gnome for several years now. I like that
he can hide the panel/taskbar (or whatever it's called there) below the
bottom of the screen and bring it up only when needed. Regardless, I still
prefer xfce, of course. :-)

Rich