More about the taskbar

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu May 23 05:36:49 CEST 2002

On Wed, 22 May 2002, Patrick Wiseman wrote:

> At least as I use it, xfce _is_ the panel - I launch all my applications
> from the panel menus.  So, if this becomes an option, I'd hope it wouldn't
> be the default when compiling xfce!

  Allow me to second this. The way I have xfce set up, there are 10 virtual
desktops and only one or two apps on each. I move among the applications by
the buttons on the panel. From what I've seen of the taskbar it performs the
same function, but in a thinner, strictly linear way.

  Is there any functional difference between the two, or are they two ways
of achieving the same degree of productivity?

Thanks,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)