xfsamba question

Michal Szymanski msz at astrouw.edu.pl
Wed May 22 13:01:58 CEST 2002

Hi,

Sorry, this is not exactly an XFCE question.

I have a Win2000 machine in my office LAN, on which I have made local
disk accessible from outside. To my surprise, there were no place
to put a password there (like in Win98) but OK, probably some other
place.

Now when I start 'xfsamba', it recognizes the share and is able to
browse and even mount it. I do not complain :))

But when I try to mount the share using "smbmount", it always asks me
the password and if I use "-o guest" option, it says "Access denied".

So the question is: how can 'xfsamba' do the mount, not knowing any
password?

regards, Michal.

--
  Michal Szymanski (msz at astrouw.edu.pl)
  Warsaw University Observatory, Warszawa, POLAND