The Taskbar

Collins erichey2 at attbi.com
Sun May 19 13:31:27 CEST 2002

On Sun, 19 May 2002 07:59:33 +0000 "Spyros Tsiolis"
<spytsi at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi chaps,
>
> What's this taskbar you're all so happy about ?
>
> :-)
>
> Does it come with the latest release of XFce or is it seperate ??

It's separate.  Here's a reposting of my way to get it installed.
Note that if you have autoconf 2.52d-r1 or greater (like 2.53, for
example), you need step 5 and the make -k format.  In this case you
may also need to use ./autogen.sh in place of ./configure.

All I did to get this was:
1. su -
2. cd to desired directory to hold cvs image
3. cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.xfce.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/xfce
co xfce-stable (it helps if you have installed cvs <grin>)
4. cd to directory downloaded (xfce-stable)
5. Remove last line from configure.in (fix po install error for now if
you have autoconf 2.52d-r1 or greater)
6. ./configure     --prefix=/usr \
       --datadir=/usr/share \
       --sysconfdir=/etc/X11 \
       --enable-xft \
       --enable-taskbar \
       --enable-gdm && \
    make -k install-strip (remove the -k, if you have a lower version
of autoconf)
7. restart xfce and enjoy

To activate the taskbar, click in the miniscule space between the
bottom of the panel and the dividing line for the buttons area.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area - WWTLRD?
gentoo(since 01/01/01) 2.4.19+(ext3) xfce-sylpheed-mozilla