Error compiling

Patrick Wiseman pwiseman at mindspring.com
Sat May 18 21:56:42 CEST 2002

On Sat, 18 May 2002, Patrick Wiseman wrote:

> I downloaded the CVS snapshot (because the taskbar, although I'm not much
> enamored of them in general, sounds pretty neat) and I get this error when
> compiling:

[...]

I used cvs to get the current xfce-stable, and that doesn't compile for me
either, with this error:

Making all in libs
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/xfce-stable/libs'
cd .. && automake --gnu --include-deps libs/Makefile
automake: configure.in: required file `./depcomp' not found
/usr/share/automake/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/share/automake/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/share/automake/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/share/automake/am/lang-compile.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
make[2]: *** [Makefile.in] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/xfce-stable/libs'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/xfce-stable'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Just to make sure that it wasn't my recent "upgrade" from potato to woody
that was causing difficulty, I recompiled 3.8.14c (the most recent version
I had around) and it compiled flawlessly.

Patrick

--
Patrick Wiseman
pwiseman at mindspring.com