Observation: still no taskbar

Collins erichey2 at attbi.com
Fri May 17 23:51:32 CEST 2002

On Fri, 17 May 2002 08:20:55 -0700 (PDT) Rich Shepard
<rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
> On 17 May 2002, Joe Klemmer wrote:
>
> > 	The microscopic line will highlight, too, when the mouse is
> > 	over it.
> > OC, it's not easy to see unless you're looking for it (and you
> > aren't running 1600x1200 or something).  :-)
>
> Joe,
>
>   Attached is a small screenshot, greatly enlarged, of a portion of
>   the
> panel. Even with my reading glasses I see no microscopic line, just
> the background of the desktop portion. :-)

In your case, the dividing line is where the supposedly raised bottom
edge surrounding the box that contains the lock ... quit button area
of the panel.  In my case it's plain gray and looks more like a faint
line.  If you click in the 1/64" below that divider and you have the
correct software installed, the taskbar will drop down (about 1/4 to
1/3 the depth of the panel.0.

All I did to get this was:
1. su -
2. cd to desired directory to hold cvs image
3. cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.xfce.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/xfce
co xfce-stable (it helps if you have installed cvs <grin>)
4. cd to directory downloaded.
5. Remove last line from configure.in (fix po install error for now if
you have autoconf 2.52d-r1 or greater)

6. ./configure     --prefix=/usr \
                --datadir=/usr/share \
                --sysconfdir=/etc/X11 \
                --enable-xft \
                --enable-taskbar \
                --enable-gdm && \
make && \
make -k install-strip (you only need -k if you patched configure.in, I
think
7. Run and enjoy.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area - WWTLRD?
gentoo(since 01/01/01) 2.4.19+(ext3) xfce-sylpheed-mozilla