Who wants a taskbar in xfce ? Well, it's in the CVS !

Collins erichey2 at attbi.com
Thu May 16 01:20:49 CEST 2002

On 15 May 2002 17:14:04 -0500 Edscott Wilson García <edscott at imp.mx>
wrote:
> El mié, 15-05-2002 a las 16:50, Collins escribió:
>

> > What am I missing here?
> >
> > What are the "proper tools" and what are "improper tools"?  I just
> > had a fresh look at the links page on www.xfce.org, and I find no
> > mention of this.
> >

> I think autoconf 2.52. Autoconf.2.53 which comes with RH-7.3 seems
> to break things. you can pick up an old RH-rawhide rpm of
> autoconf-2.52 at
> http://linux.imp.mx/pub/software/linux/redhat/rawhide-archive/i386/RedHat/RPMS/

More questions.  Is autoconf really broken, i.e. someone has actually
filed a bug report, or is xfce perhaps relying on some undocumented
feature that won't ever be supported again?  The reason I ask is this.
 I install new versions of other packages that use autoconf/automake
quite regularly, and no other installs seem to be failing.

I don't need to go looking for RPMs.  Gentoo has any level you want
available for install.  Currently autoconf 2.52d is what's considered
stable.  Both 2.52i and 2.53 are available but considered unstable.

It would be nice if you could tell me exactly what the error is so
that I can file a bug report; otherwise xfce installs will be failing
left and right on gentoo.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area - WWTLRD?
gentoo(since 01/01/01) 2.4.19+(ext3) xfce-sylpheed-mozilla