GTK+-2.0 ?

Kurt Wall kwall at kurtwerks.com
Wed May 15 02:26:37 CEST 2002

Scribbling feverishly on May 13, Jasper Huijsmans managed to emit:
> Hi Lawrence,
>
> Xfce3 is based on gtk 1.2 only. Work is underway to port everything to gtk2,
> but there is no estimated time of arival for that. There will be a lot of
> fundamental changes so it's very difficult to estimate the time it will take
> to finish. We're working hard on it though.

Is using GTK2 necessary? That is, does it give XFCE better performance
than XFCE already has? I use XFCE because it is fast and lightweight
and does everything I need to do and nothing else -- I'd hate to see
it polluted with lots of unnecessary features (bloat).

Kurt
--
All things are possible, except skiing thru a revolving door.